Job Title: Part-Time Receptionist at The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home
Supervisor: Office Manager
Work Schedule: Part-Time: Every other week: Thursday & Friday 5-9pm; Saturday and Sunday alternate between; 8am to 3pm or 3pm to 9pm.
*Work one week, have one week off. Schedule posted 2 months at a time.
Primary Purpose of Job
Greet visitors, answer the phone in a professional manner and perform clerical duties.
- Education: Successfully completed a secretarial program from an accredited school/college; or have at least six months of experience in a clerical position.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Publisher preferred.
- Proficient typing skills.
- Other: Read, write and speak the English language.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer and direct multi-line phone in a professional manner.
2. Assist visitors with entering and exiting building.
3. Prepare newspapers for delivery.
4. Operate postage machine.
5. Sell employee and guest meal tickets, make reservations with kitchen and maintain meal ticket records.
6. Create databases, lists, forms, letters, signs, etc., and maintain databases and lists.
8. Assist with mailings and other projects.
9. Provide direction and key to Mikvah for community as appropriate.
10. When the opportunity exists, transport Residents in wheelchairs, Geri chairs, etc. in an appropriate and safe manner to meals, activities, etc.
11. Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with Residents, personnel and support agencies.
- Communicate in an understandable manner with Residents, staff, visitors, volunteers, etc.
- Communicate with Residents who have impairments such as aphasia or dementia.
- Communicate appropriately with Residents, facility employees, family members, medical staff, consultants, volunteers, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Able to tactfully handle situations with Residents, personnel, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, support personnel and the general public.
- Able to keep all Resident, employee and facility information confidential at all times.
- Able to manage multiple tasks.
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross movements with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently throughout the workday.
- Able to sit for long periods at a time.
- Work in well-lighted and ventilated office area(s), as well as throughout the facility (i.e., medication rooms, nurses’ stations, Resident rooms, dining areas, etc.)
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to blood-borne pathogens including the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of Residents during emergency situations.
Customer Service Statement
Of the utmost importance is attention to excellent customer service. How we interact with clients, Residents, co-workers, community members and vendors impacts our reputation and affects our future. It is expected of all employees that they complete their responsibilities with a positive attitude, enthusiasm and always showing dignity and respect toward those we interact with.
The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home is a nonprofit, Jewish-sponsored nursing home for short-term rehabilitation and long-term care in Omaha. We also offer hospice and respite services. We strive each day to make Rose Blumkin Jewish Home the very best living and work environment for residents, their family members, our teammates and all who share our services.
We always want to meet talented people. The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home provides a nursing home workplace that expresses what we value most − integrity, trust, quality care, compassion and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. If this sounds right, we’d love to talk to you.