Job Title: Piano Instructor-Private Lessons
Supervisor: JCC Cultural Arts Director
Work Schedule: To be determined in conjunction with supervisor; we schedule in blocks.
Primary Purpose of Job
Responsible for teaching students how to play the piano.
- Bachelor’s degree in music. Graduate degrees preferred.
- Extensive musical training and experience in a variety of musical styles.
- Read, write and edit musical notations quickly and correctly.
- Three (3) years of successful teaching experience in private and/or group settings.
- Enthusiasm for music and an ability to inspire students’ life-long love and learning of music.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be available to work entire season (fall through spring)
- Ability to establish and maintain productive relations and positive attitude with and toward others
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks on time
- Must clean up work area when lessons are completed
- Instruct private and/or group piano lessons
- Adapt lesson resources and tailor teaching methods to the needs of the individual
- Inspire students to want to continue to grow as pianist and continue with instruction by providing an effective, varied, and enjoyable range of activities to further students’ musical and technical abilities
- Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning
- Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity
- Commitment to continual professional development
This position requires that the person be able to sit for extended periods of time.
Customer Service Statement
The Piano Instructor shares in the JCC’s commitment to provide excellent customer service to its members. He/she should be professional in all of his/her relationships with members and guests. He/she should take the time to learn the names of as many individuals as possible and to make sure that individual members are pleased with the services and programs provided by the JCC.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. It in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required. Other duties apply that are assigned.
The Jewish Community Center has been a big part of Omaha for more than eight decades! We opened our doors in 1925, and still today, continue to serve everyone in the community with our state-of-the-art facilities, outstanding programs and dedicated staff.
We're so glad that so many members of our Omaha community participate in JCC programs. On any one day at the "J" you can see the full range of activities for children as young as 6 weeks old to seniors in their 90's still keeping active and fit.
Compare us to anybody in town. We’re confident you’ll want to be part of a place where you can enjoy our staff, other members, and our exceptional facilities and programs.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)