Job Title: Basketball Referee (Boys and Girls 1st and 2nd grade)
Supervisor: Director of Athletic Programming
Exemption: Pay based per game: $10 to $12
Schedule: Games are scheduled Saturday and Sundays afternoon and/or early evening
Duration: September Season begins in October thru March
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB: The JCC is looking for outgoing individuals who enjoys working with children to officiate games for the upcoming Little Lions Youth Basketball league. The Referee assists the Athletic Department in the safe operation of the Basketball League, games, and the JCC Facility. Duties include assisting setup for games, officiating and cleanup.
- Work under the direction of the Director of Athletic Programs and the Basketball Coordinator.
- Assist in the facilitation, implementation, and supervision of the Little Lions Basketball Games.
- Maintain appropriate and professional behavior at all times.
- Act as a role model for youth and parents alike.
- Aware of safety issues and development and implementation of safety practices.
- Requires hands-on interaction.
- Demonstrate good teaching skills.
- Interact positively with younger children through the game of basketball.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the basic philosophy, nature and goals of the JCC.
- Perform other duties based on the needs of the agency.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be available on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Must have a clean background and experience working with children.
- Experience playing and knowledge of basketball preferred.
- Experience officiating preferred.
- Training and uniform will be provided.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT: The Referee shares in the JCC’s commitment to provide excellent customer service. Some ways to implement this are to be patient, understanding and professional in his/her relationships with customers; to look at people and be attentive; to use members' names as often as possible; to be friendly, to be visible and accommodating.
The Jewish Community Center has been a big part of Omaha for more than eight decades! We opened our doors in 1925, and still today, continue to serve everyone in the community with our state-of-the-art facilities, outstanding programs and dedicated staff.
We're so glad that so many members of our Omaha community participate in JCC programs. On any one day at the "J" you can see the full range of activities for children as young as 6 weeks old to seniors in their 90's still keeping active and fit.
Compare us to anybody in town. We’re confident you’ll want to be part of a place where you can enjoy our staff, other members, and our exceptional facilities and programs.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)