Employed by: The Jewish Federation of Omaha
Agency: The Jewish Community Center
Supervisor: Guest Services Manager
Work Hours: 12pm to 3pm (Part Time): Monday-Friday 15 hours per week
Exemption: Hourly Non-Exempt
Primary Purpose of Job
The JCC Health Spa Attendant, under the supervision of the Campus Manager, is the primary staff in providing a clean environment throughout the JCC Health spa and lower level locker rooms and related facilities. He should understand that a clean facility is a primary reason that people join and use the JCC. He should be enthusiastic and involve all other staff in making sure that the facilities are in top condition at all times. He must be personally responsible in completing the housekeeping and cleaning tasks at the highest possible level.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be male
Duties and Responsibilities
- Employee must ensure the safety and comfort of all Health Spa members (includes monitoring ‘members only’ usage) as well as report any concerns to the direct supervisor.
- Employee will have “hands on” responsibility for all cleaning as indicated by the designated route card.
- Employee may be required to open/close the facility according to the JCC hours of operation.
- Employee must help with folding laundry.
- Employee must be ready to assume additional responsibility when asked.
- Employee must wear a company ID badge and present a neat appearance at all times.
- Employee must provide a professional attitude at all times.
- Employee must utilize his or her time wisely.
- Employee may be asked to work extra hours when needed.
- Employee must be willing to follow directions from supervisors.
- Employee must apply feedback to improve quality.
- Employee must adhere to the department attendance policy and customer service expectations.
This position requires the individual to be physically fit and to have a high level of stamina in order to meet the physical and mental demands of the position. The person must be able to work long hours as needed and be “hands on” in cleaning functions as necessary.
The JCC is a fast paced environment with a high focus on customer service. Expectations include working as a team with other staff and being positive in finding solutions to issues or problems. Safety, cleanliness and outstanding customer service are every staff person’s responsibility.
Customer Service Statement
The JCC Health Spa Attendant shares in the JCC’s commitment to provide excellent customer service to its members. He should be professional in all of his/her relationships with members and guests. He should take the time to learn the names of as many individuals as possible and to make sure that individual members are pleased with the services and programs provided by the JCC.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. It in no way states or implies that the above list is exhaustive. Other duties may apply.
The Jewish Community Center has been a big part of Omaha for more than eight decades! We opened our doors in 1925, and still today, continue to serve everyone in the community with our state-of-the-art facilities, outstanding programs and dedicated staff.
We're so glad that so many members of our Omaha community participate in JCC programs. On any one day at the "J" you can see the full range of activities for children as young as 6 weeks old to seniors in their 90's still keeping active and fit.
Compare us to anybody in town. We’re confident you’ll want to be part of a place where you can enjoy our staff, other members, and our exceptional facilities and programs.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)