Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)/Chief Administrative Officer (CAO)
Employed by: The Jewish Federation of Omaha
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Note: Position does not include any relocation assistance.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
The CFO/CAO is responsible for collaborating with the CEO and leading the organization’s shared services, potentially including Finance, Information Technology, Facilities, and HR. Works with board members, peers on the executive team, and agencies regarding strategic and financial planning.
- BS in Finance or Accounting and/or MBA
- CPA preferred
- 20 years of management, including experience as a CFO or Top Finance leader
- Experience in a nonprofit organization preferred
- Experience working with boards and committees preferred
- Strong collaboration, communication and presentation skills required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Role models the organizations mission, vision, and core values at all times
- Positive interactions and relationships with the overall board and key committees including: Audit, Budget & Financial Review, Building & Grounds, and HR & Compensation
- Assists CEO with strategic planning
- Administers the organization’s budgeting process
- Executes timely delivery of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports including audited financials, 990, etc.
- Monitors funds on hand, in coordination with the foundation
- Conducts on-going financial forecasting, including: capital investments and analysis of insurance coverages to maximize financial projections
- Directs Informational Technology planning, implementations, and daily support
- Directs Facilities planning, capital projects, and other campus support
- Oversees Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, Performance Management, Recognition and Rewards, and benefit plan administration/design
- Serves as organizations key contact for key relationships with 3rd party partners, including brokers and plan investment advisors
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Decision Making
- Leadership and Management
- Performance Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Relationship Management
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will be working in well-lighted and ventilated office areas, as well as throughout the facility. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. It in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required. Other duties apply that are assigned.
Welcome to the world of the Jewish Federation of Omaha, where the values of compassion, generosity, and responsibility inspire us to improve the quality of life for people in Omaha, in Israel, and in over 70 countries. Together, we are doing a world of good.
The Jewish Federation of Omaha is where we, as a community, develop innovative responses to critical issues. Where anyone who needs help can get it and where an energized Jewish community grows and celebrates. And where everyone, including you, can make a world of difference right now.
We believe in the mission of our work. We believe that together, we are able to accomplish something life-changing, both for ourselves and for those around us. We work as a team. And, those who join our team, become part of one of the most respected and valued Jewish organizations in the country.
The Jewish Federation of Omaha’s Human Resources Department strives to find the best and the brightest individuals and develop them to their highest potential.