Job Title: Dietary Aide
Employed by: The Jewish Federation of Omaha
Agency: Jewish Social Services
Supervisor: Food Services Supervisor
Work Schedule: Weekdays, week-ends and holidays as assigned
SHIFT: 615am to 815pm (3 days a week)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Assist cooks in preparation of food for Residents, staff and visitors according to daily production sheets.
- Experience: Food service experience preferred in the area of cooking and
- Other: Read the English language.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains high standard of sanitation in food handling and work area per Food Service sanitation matrix.
- Relieves Cooks if necessary.
- Reports any damaged equipment, substandard or spoiled foodstuffs to supervisor.
- Sets up food trays according to tray ticket, makes sure correct diet is adhered, and includes any needed nourishments.
- Prepares and delivers nourishments and snacks for Residents, as indicated by daily production sheets, to units.
- Assists in assembling food trays; assists with serving food on the tray line and in main dining room.
- Sets up, clears, cleans and sanitizes dining room tables and chairs.
- After meals, assists in cleaning of food trays and food trucks, as well as soiled dishes. Prepares for next meal with clean tableware.
- Detects and reports damaged equipment of any unusual condition to supervisor. Maintains supplies used for nourishments and meal preparations in a proper and sanitary manner.
- Insures table service in Main Dining Room is done in an effective and organized manner. Suggests revisions to Table Service Procedures when
necessary. Provides information to maintain accurate seating chart.
- Provides feedback as to utilization of Food Services supplies in the units.
- Adheres to established kosher guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilize various culinary machines to carry out position responsibilities.
- Function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to
work effectively with Residents, personnel and support agencies.
- Communicate in an understandable manner with Residents, staff, visitors,
volunteers, and provide outstanding customer service.
- Communicate with Residents who have impairments such as aphasia or
- Communicate appropriately with Residents, facility employees, family
members, medical staff, consultants, volunteers, government
agencies/personnel and the public.
- Tactfully handle situations with Residents, personnel, family members,
visitors, government agencies/personnel, support personnel and the public.
- Keep all Resident, employees and facility information confidential at all
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Sit, stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, perform fine and gross movements
with the hands/fingers and move about intermittently throughout the
- Push, pull or lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must wear department uniform and wear skid resistant shoes.
- No open shoes.
- No fingernail polish.
- No long fingernails.
- Hair net or hat worn while in the food preparation area.
- Will be working around spills, chemicals and with knives.
- Work in well-lighted and ventilated office area(s), as well as throughout the facility (i.e., medication rooms, nurses’ stations, Resident rooms, dining
- Subject to frequent interruptions.
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to blood-borne pathogens including the AIDS and Hepatitis B
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents, family members, personnel and visitors.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of Residents.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STATEMENT
Of the utmost importance is attention to excellent customer service. How we interact with clients, Residents, co-workers, community members and vendors impacts our reputation and affects our future. It is expected of all employees to complete their responsibilities with a positive attitude, enthusiasm and always-showing dignity and respect toward those we interact with.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. It in no way states or implies that these are the only duties required. Other duties apply that are assigned.
The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home is a nonprofit, Jewish-sponsored nursing home for short-term rehabilitation and long-term care in Omaha. We also offer hospice and respite services. We strive each day to make Rose Blumkin Jewish Home the very best living and work environment for residents, their family members, our teammates and all who share our services.
We always want to meet talented people. The Rose Blumkin Jewish Home provides a nursing home workplace that expresses what we value most − integrity, trust, quality care, compassion and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. If this sounds right, we’d love to talk to you.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)